Science. Results. Safety.
When one looks at any biologic device or product, one should know that it meets these 3 criteria. Amnion/Amnion- fluid derived biologics, as presented by Anicell Biotech, have cleared these criteria with almost 3,000 cases treated, an efficacy rate over 88%, and a 0% device complication rate.
Historically, Amnion derived treatments, have been around since 1910! A landmark study done by Lange-Consiglio et al, in 2013, showed that equine Amnion-derived therapy (vs equine bone marrow-derived) reduced re-injury rate from 23% to 4%, and reduced the time to return to normal activity by 60%. And in 2017, Larson and Gallicchio in the Journal of Cell Science and Therapy remarked:
- Amnion fluid and it's components are "immune privileged" – meaning it will illicit NO immune response.
- Amniotic Fluid contains many more progenitor cells(pluripotent) than bone marrow (multipotent).
- Amniotic fluid contains hyalorunic acid which aids in joint lubrication and cartilage healing.
- Amniotic fluid contains a full complement of growth factors that promote tissue regeneration.
- Amniotic fluid contains anti-inflammatory and anti-adhesion properties, thereby preventing scar tissue formation
- Amnniotic fluid has anti-infective properties and helps prevent infection from setting in.
- Amnion fluid contains cells that are able to locate damaged areas, and differentiate into many different tissue types (muscle, ligament, tendon, bone, nerve).
In summary, we have the potential to augment the healing process by implementing what Mother Nature designed:
Amniotic Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Exhibit Preferential Osteogenic and Chondrogenic Differentiation and Enhanced Matrix Production Compared With Adipose Mesenchymal Stromal CellsNatasha Topoluk, PhD,* Richard Hawkins, MD,*† John Tokish, MD,*† and Jeremy Mercuri, PhD*‡
Lange-Cosiglio 2013 study on benefits of Equine Amniotic Mesenchymal Stem Cell (v. BMSC):
Equine Amniotic Derived Stem Cells: Role and Function in Regenerative Medicine(Larson and Gallicchio):